August 20, 2010

Bed Rest - Day 10

Today started off rough. The kitchen was starting to need attention and my sweet husband had to get to work early. I was trying to figure out how to not clean the kitchen today. I didn't say anything because my hubby is a sweet gem and has taken care of everything for the last week and a half.

Then, before he walked out the door, he stopped in the kitchen and cleaned it. (I told you he's a gem.) So I stood watching for a minute and then went to sit on the couch (prison) and cried. So sweet, sweet hubby had to take care of house chores and watch his wife cry while he did it.

Bed rest is not for sissies.

He consoled me and then suggested that I call my sisters and visit. About 20 minutes later, one of them called me on her way to an appointment. We chatted for a while and she really lifted my spirits just by being herself.

Then I looked at my work email and someone had actually written me back! I cried a relieved tear about this and read every word two or three times. I have been very stressed about my lack of control over work. The opening days of school are so important and I am having to miss it. This was not in my plan!

After that I called the other sister to find out about her job interview. This also helped my attitude.

And while I was on the phone with her, my supervisor called me! We discussed my sub and some of the opening week info that I missed. It was a short conversation, but made me feel a thousand times better.

I even got to speak to my sub this afternoon while she and some others were setting up my room. Boy do I feel better now!

God has really taken care of my spirit today. I found myself thanking and praising out loud on several occasions. It is amazing how He can meet me wherever I am in a given situation.


On another note, I tried to go float in the pool this afternoon, only to find it locked again. Grrr. But I did shoot a 35 week pregnant picture because the swim suit emphasizes the baby belly so well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lara Bear! You're almost there! Call me anytime, and we can chat about whatever!

Miss you and love you - ames