September 05, 2010

Bed Rest Day 26


I've been in the hospital for 6 days now. I feel perfectly fine, am not attached to any tubes or machines, and would desperately love to go for a run. However, I am supposed to remain in the bed all day with occasional trips to the bathroom or the recliner chair in my room.

This is extremely mentally challenging. I am thankful to feel so healthy, but I think it might be easier to stay here if I felt somehow sick.

I had my first thoughts of escape today. I thought, "I could just get up and walk out of here. I'm not under arrest. This is a free country, right?"

Today is also the longest I've gone without seeing anyone. Even with my home bed rest, I saw Bruce for several hours a day and through the night. He left at 8:30 last night and I haven't seen anyone but my friendly nurses since.

It's a lot harder today. It makes me even more grateful for all the visitors and phone calls I have had since I got here. The nurse says there are ladies here for months and no one comes to see them. Can you imagine?

I am truly blessed, that's for sure.

And don't start to feel pity for me because I'm alone today. I have someone coming around 5 and Bruce will be here tonight. Like I said. I'm truly blessed.

1 comment:

Mom said...

You are doing so good! Just the first of many sacrifices you will make for Miss Hannah. Love you more!